Tuesday 23 July 2013

Is Jonathan the President or the precedent?


If I were President Goodluck Jonathan, I would not be happy. I would wonder what I have done to deserve this type of treatment. I could even see it as a ploy to ridicule me and my office. I would appeal that such be stopped, especially for the sake of the young ones who are impressionable.
As a child, I was advised to watch the television and listen to the radio, especially to news bulletins, as well as read newspapers and magazines, so as to learn how to speak and write good English. That piece of advice proved useful.
However, in recent times, I have started questioning that. I have found myself regrettably warning younger ones and those I coach on spoken and written English to be wary of what they hear or read from the Nigerian media. This is because the bug of mediocrity, which has eaten deep into all facets of our national life, has not spared our media industry.
Read more from PUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment